Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Lottery

We had a major discussion at my house last night about winning the lottery. At Taylor's insistence we bought 3 lottery tickets, one for each child, to try to win 84 million dollars! On the way home from the store I asked Taylor and Peyton what they would buy if they had that much money. Taylor,of course, was the first to chime in about all the things she would buy including a pet store, stock in Wal-Mart, etc. she also let me know what she would buy for the people she didn't like. She was sharing the wealth by getting them a rocket so she could send them to the moon and also paying for someone to give them a "wedgie". Yes this is a proud parent moment! Peyton on the other hand was buying cars and typical boy stuff and then he said he would also get a bunch of quarters so he could donate to the kids that have cancer. This was a tear jerker! Of course we always donate to the machines that have the funny swirly slides for the coins and the proceeds go to St. Judes or some other children's charity. If there is one things I hope my kids learn in life it's to always help those who are less fortunate than they are. In case your wondering we decided Aaron would probably buy Blockbuster with his lottery money. I am sorry to report that I am at work today so we did not hit the jackpot.

1 comment:

  1. At work, ah come on you know you would still come because you love to work. Blockbuster!! Quarters-so Peyton. I can't believe Tay wouldn't buy a Shoe Show.

    ReplyDelete